Biology Project Lead
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a nifty startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug-discovery. As a Biology Project Lead at DeepCure you will be at the heart of applying our transformative AI platform, work on the biggest challenges in the pharma industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the company’s scientific vision ensuring we are constantly pushing the bar for what is possible. You will be accountable for building and managing a portfolio of biological targets aligned to unmet medical needs, agnostic of target class or therapeutic area, and which take full advantage of DeepCure’s AI approach. Working hand-in-hand with other drug discovery scientists and software engineers, this is a truly unique role in which you can have a leading role to positively impact patients and change the way industry does Drug Discovery.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from the MIT Media Lab, develops disruptive Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine drug development as if it was designed today, with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries, and without the existing biases. Our goal is to redefine the way we discover new drugs by improving the breadth and accuracy of pre-clinical drug development and saving pre-clinical time and cost. More importantly, we save lives by enabling discovery of highly effective drugs which do not exist in any current drug library and are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Adopt, adapt, and deliver on DeepCure’s approach to Drug Discovery in collaboration with the Drug Discovery scientists and AI engineers.
- Adopt, adapt, and deliver on DeepCure's strategy towards internal target development, especially biological validation(s) aligned to maximizing the application and applicability of DeepCure’s AI platform.
- Help build DeepCure’s internal drug development efforts and pioneer future development aligned to unmet medical need.
- Potential to represent Biology on all cross-functional and strategic teams, including external collaborations
- Provide oversight for work conducted by CRO(s).
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Deep passion for the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and the future of drug development, as well as a desire to play a pivotal role in a nascent startup.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and highly interactive Lead Discovery role.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related discipline with at least 3 years of industrial experience.
- A mission-driven attitude and natural problem-solving ability.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset with sound scientific judgment.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and readily adopt new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing complex scientific and business problems into strategy and tactics.
- Prior experience working with CROs is a plus.
- Track record of leading and participating in innovative efforts to deploy technologies and assays for enhanced translational capabilities.
- Applied experience and/or theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Well-funded startup with exceptional ambitions, competitive salary, and generous stock options.
- Have a huge impact in a small entrepreneurial team.
- Access to comprehensive medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Back Bay.