Medicinal Chemistry Scientist
DeepCure is seeking highly talented and motivated medicinal chemist to join our interdisciplinary team. The successful candidate will contribute to our therapeutic projects and will have an outstanding opportunity for professional growth. Working entirely through CRO’s, the successful candidate will independently and collaboratively solve complex synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges in drug discovery. The successful candidate will operate in collaboration with biologists and AI engineers in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from the MIT Media Lab, develops disruptive Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine drug development as if it was designed today, with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries, and without the existing biases. Our goal is to redefine the way we discover new drugs by improving the breadth and accuracy of pre-clinical drug development and saving pre-clinical time and cost. More importantly, we save lives by enabling discovery of highly effective drugs which do not exist in any current drug library and are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Apply organic and medicinal chemistry skills in the design and rapid synthesis of small molecules as potential drug candidates.
- Manage synthetic chemistry CRO’s with diligence and appropriate planning ensuring rapid synthesis of test molecules.
- Proactively follow emerging results of biological testing, ADME characterization, and other lead profiling assays; proposing new target molecules to improve key drug attributes.
- Regularly summarize results and provide progress updates to the head of chemistry and cross-functional project teams.
- Contribute to the writing of patent applications, study reports, and scientific publications.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- PhD in chemistry; with 5 years or more of experience or MS with 8 or more years of medicinal chemistry experience.
- Strong background in organic synthesis and experience with a wide range of techniques related to multi-step synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic analysis.
- Proven track record of achievements as demonstrated by publications and patent applications.
- Ability to independently identify and address complex problems in synthetic chemistry.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; fast learner who can identify the core project challenges and expeditiously change course as required in a fast-paced organization.
- Team player who will be able to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment especially across biology and AI techniques.
- Exceptional oral communication and writing skills.
- Well-funded startup with exceptional ambitions, competitive salary, and generous stock options.
- Have a huge impact in a small entrepreneurial team.
- Access to comprehensive medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Back Bay.