Director, Computational Chemistry
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a nifty startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug-discovery. As DeepCure’s Director of Computational Chemistry you will be at the heart of designing our transformative AI platform, work on the biggest challenges in the pharma industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the company’s scientific vision ensuring we are constantly pushing the bar for what is possible.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from the MIT Media Lab, develops disruptive Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine drug development as if it was designed today, with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries, and without the existing biases. Our goal is to redefine the way we discover new drugs by improving the breadth and accuracy of pre-clinical drug development and saving pre-clinical time and cost. More importantly, we save lives by enabling discovery of highly effective drugs which do not exist in any current drug library and are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Conceptualize, design, and lead DeepCure’s Computational Chemistry approach.
- Lead DeepCure’s Computational Chemistry team.
- Pioneer future development and technical execution of DeepCure’s Computational Chemistry solutions.
- Collaborate closely with DeepCure’s AI team to maximize the impact of Computational Chemistry methods on our transformative AI platform.
- Apply Computational Chemistry and Cheminformatics methods to problems at all stages of the drug discovery process, from early target validation, hit-finding, lead optimization, and candidate delivery.
- Design and optimize novel drug candidates using advanced computational techniques such as protein modeling, molecular docking based on x-ray or homology models, ligand-based design, library design, diversity analysis, conformational analysis, and pharmacophore modeling.
- Conduct continuous research into new Computational Chemistry tools and methods relevant to DeepCure’s mission.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Deep passion for Artificial Intelligence and the future of drug development, as well as a desire to play a pivotal role in a nascent startup.
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or related discipline with at least 7 years industrial experience.
- A mission-driven attitude and natural problem-solving ability.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset with sound scientific judgment.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and readily adopt new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Comprehensive experience with scientific software such as Molecular Dynamics, FEP, Molecular Docking, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of modern drug discovery including medicinal chemistry, DMPK principles, and multi-parameter optimization.
- Programming skills are a plus.
- Applied experience and/or theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Well-funded startup with exceptional ambitions, competitive salary, and generous stock options.
- Have a huge impact in a small entrepreneurial team.
- Access to comprehensive medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Back Bay.